- Author / Illustrator: Donald Crews
- Concept / Realism
- Grade Range/Level Recommendation: young reader (2-6 yrs.)
Caldecott Honor Book
Summary: A train of colored cars travels through day and night, and through country and city.
Themes: concept of color with each train car a separate color, basic train cars named and depicted realistically
- How did we know the train was going fast and faster?
- What colors were the train cars?
- make a colored train good template at The Bestest Mom or Mel’s Desk
- pretend to be a train going different speeds, over, under and through things
Comment: So few words, almost a wordless book. Great way to teach colors, especially to train lovers. Clean realistic illustrations.
Personal / PB
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://countryfunbookfiles.edublogs.org/2011/07/13/freight-train/trackback/