- Author / Illustrator: Ellen Stoll Walsh
- Grade Range/Level Recommendation: young reader (2-6 yrs.)
Summary: 3 mice are being chased by a cat. They escape into a pile of shapes. They start to play with the shapes and end up finding a way to scare the cat away.
Themes: imagination, problem solving, working together, shapes
- Why do you think the cat was scared away?
- What would you have done to save yourself from the cat if you were one of the mice?
- Make a mouse from shapes.
- Make a flannel board set of shapes that can be used for retelling and expanding imagination for building other objects.
Comment: Fun, simple, so appropriate for preschoolers.
Mouse Count and Mouse Paint both by Ellen Stoll Walsh